University of Ilorin Alumni Association has elected her new national officers to steer the affairs of the association for the next four years.
According to a release signed by the new National Publicity Secretary, Yeye Bolanle Olatunde, the association held her 13th National Congress in Ilorin Kwara State and the following officers were elected.
The eleven distinguished alumni elected were;
- Dr. Stephen Olawale Fashakin – National President.
- Alhaji Mohammed Abbas – National Vice President I
- Mr. Abayomi Olumuyide – National Vice President II
- Yeye Bolanle Olatunde – National Publicity Secretary
- Dr. Faoziyat Sulaimon – Secretary General
- Dr. Lai Oparinde – Assistant Secretary General
- Comrade Nester Taiwo Oluwatoba – National Social Secretary
- Dr. Musa Abdullahi – National Financial Secretary
- Prince Aderopo Ogunsade – National Treasurer
- Mr. Benjamin Ampitan – National Auditor I
- Ms. Fasilat Olajumoke Rafiu – National Auditor II
In his acceptance speech, the new National President commended the immediate past administration led by Dr. Mrs Rhoda Oduwaiye for its laudable achievements promising that his team would build and improve on these to further reposition the Alumni Association to world standards.
In his goodwill message at the event held in the University Auditorium; the Vice-Chancellor; Prof. Sulyman Age Abdulkareem also commended the unflinching support of the Alumni Association towards the University Community and encouraged it not to relent.