Senate President Godswill Akpabio today announced the names of eight lawmakers as majority and minority leaders for the 10th Senate.
The majority leaders emerged from the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), while the minority leaders are from different opposition parties.
The announcement of the principal officers has allayed fears that there may be a conflict of interest between lawmakers who are close to the Presidency and those who are contesting on their own.
This is the list of the principal officers for the 10th Senate:
1. Opeyemi Bamidele – Senate Majority Leader (Ekiti Central, APC)
2. Dave Umahi – Deputy Majority Leader (Ebonyi South, APC)
3. Ali Ndume – Chief Whip (Borno South, APC)
4. Lola Ashiru – Deputy Whip (Kwara South, APC)
1. Mwadkwon Davou – Senate Minority Leader (Plateau North, PDP)
2. Kamorudeen Olarere – Deputy Minority Leader (Osun West, PDP)
3. Darlington Nwokeocha – Senate Minority Whip (Abia Central, LP)
4. Rufai Hanga – Deputy Minority Whip ( Kano Central, NNPP)