Politics
Lagos 2023: Time for PDP has come, vote those who visit where you live- Jandor

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate in Lagos, Abdul-Azeez Adediran (Jandor) said the 2023 election will usher the party into government.
Adediran, other party leaders and candidates visited Agege Local Government Area on Friday in continuation of his tour of 245 wards.
Jandor had an interactive session with the Tipper Drivers and Building Materials Dealers Association at Tipper Garage in Agege.
The flagbearer advised the people to vote for candidates they interact with, not those they see only on posters.
“Vote for candidates that visit you where you live and work to see the condition. Vote for someone who has come to your doorstep to hear your challenges”, he said.
Politics
Trump extends TikTok sale, explains delay

President Donald Trump has announced an extension of the 5 April deadline for the sale of TikTok to an American buyer.
The United States government had previously approved the sale of the short-video social media platform due to concerns over potential hacking and data theft by China.
On Friday, President Trump stated that his administration had been working diligently on securing a deal, noting that “tremendous progress” had been made.
In a post on Truth Social, he explained that the deal “requires more work to ensure all necessary approvals are signed.”
The President revealed that he had signed an Executive Order allowing TikTok to continue operating for an additional 75 days.
“We hope to continue working in good faith with China, who I understand are not very happy about our reciprocal tariffs,” Trump wrote.
“This proves that tariffs are the most powerful economic tool, and very important to our national security. We do not want TikTok to ‘go dark’.”
The President added that his administration looks forward to working with TikTok and the Chinese government to finalise the agreement.
Among the bidders are Jeff Bezos’s Amazon, a consortium led by OnlyFans founder Tim Stokely, mobile technology company AppLovin, and a group that includes Oracle.
Politics
Rivers crisis: Court to hear suit against Tinubu, Ibas, others on April 10

The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has fixed April 10 to hear the suit that is seeking to sack the Sole Administrator of Rivers State, Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, Rtd.
The suit, which has President Bola Tinubu as the 1st defendant, has been assigned to Justice James Omotosho for hearing.
The Attorney-General of the Federation, Vice Admiral Ibas, rtd, as well as Attorneys-General of the 36 States of the federation, were listed as 2nd to 39th defendants in the suit marked: FHC/ABJ/CS/572/2025.
The legal action was instituted by an Abuja-based legal practitioner, Mr. Johnmary Jideobi, who is praying the court to set-aside as void, “all actions and decisions [howsoever described or made] of the 3rd Defendant [Vice Admiral Ibas (Rtd)] in the name of Sole Administrator of Rivers State, same being unconstitutional, null and of no constitutional force throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria for all purposes.”
The plaintiff is further praying the court to issue a perpetual order of injunction, restraining the 1st defendant (Tinubu, either by himself, his officers, agents, privies, servants or any other person acting under his command howsoever named, “from either removing, suspending or otherwise tampering with the tenure of the Governor and Deputy-Governor of Rivers State [and indeed any other State in Nigeria].”
Likewise, an order of perpetual injunction, barring President Tinubu, “either by himself, his officers, agents, privies, servants or any other person acting under his command howsoever named, from appointing any Sole Administrator into any State Government House in the thirty (36) of the Federation for any purpose whatsoever.”
In the Originating Summons he filed through a consortium of lawyers led by Mr. Chimezie Enuka, the plaintiff urged the court to determine: “Whether in view of the combined provisions of the entirety of Sections 1, 5(2), 180, 188, 189, 305 and 306 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended and their conflated interpretation, the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria [1st Defendant herein] has any constitutional authority [whatsoever] to either remove, suspend or otherwise tamper with the tenure of the duly elected Governor and Deputy Governor of Rivers State [and indeed of any other State in Nigeria] and appoint a sole Administrator [or any other substitute howsoever called or described] such as the 3rd Defendant for that State?”
Upon the determination of the question, he prayed the court to declare that upon an intimate reading and complete understanding of the entirety of section 305 of the 1999 Constitution, as amended, there is NO other circumstance contemplated by the Constitution for the removal OR interruption of the tenure of an elected Governor and Deputy Governor of a State EXCEPT the circumstances contemplated under Sections 180, 188, 189 and 306 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended.
“A declaration of this Honorable Court that in view of the entirety of Sections 1, 5(2), 180, 188, 189, 305 and 306 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria as amended the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has NO constitutional authority to either remove, suspend or otherwise tamper with the tenure of a duly elected Governor and Deputy Governor of a State and appoint a sole Administrator [or any other substitute howsoever called or described] such as the 3rd Defendant herein for that State.
“A declaration of this Honourable Court that the purported suspension of the Governor and the Deputy-Governor of Rivers State of Nigeria by the 1st Defendant on Tuesday the 18th day of March, 2025 is unconstitutional, null and void and of no legal effect whatsoever.
“A declaration of this Honourable Court that the purported nomination/appointment and swearing in of Vice Admiral Ibokette Ibas (Rtd)by the 1st Defendant as the Sole Administrator of Rivers State of Nigeria is unconstitutional, null and void and of no legal effect whatsoever.
“An order of this Honourable Court setting aside the suspension of the Governor and the Deputy-Governor of Rivers State of Nigeria by the 1st Defendant on Tuesday the 18th day of March, 2025 for being unconstitutional, null and void and of no legal effect whatsoever.
“An order of this Honourable Court setting aside the nomination/appointment and swearing in of Vice Admiral Ibokette Ibas (Rtd) as the Sole Administrator of Rivers State of Nigeria by the 1st Defendant.”
As well as: “An order of this Honourable Court directing Vice Admiral Ibokette Ibas (Rtd) [the 3rd defendant herein] to vacate, forthwith, the Government House of Rivers State of Nigeria.”
In a 32 paragraphed affidavit he deposed in support of the suit, the plaintiff maintained that though President Tinubu has the constitutional power to declare a state of emergency in deserving circumstances in any part of the federation, he does not have the power to suspend elected officials like a governor who is not his appointee.
“As a Nigerian Lawyer and all through my years of practice, I have never seen the word ‘Sole Administrator’ in the amended 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“I know that neither the 1st Defendant nor the 2nd Defendant appointed the Governor and Deputy-Governor of Rivers State of Nigeria and that no Governor or Deputy Governor in Nigeria is an appointee of the 1st and 2nd Defendants.
“I know that Nigeria practices Federalism hinged on separation of power.
“I have instituted this suit in the public interest, in the defence of the Rule of Law and accentuation of the supremacy of the Constitution and to preserve the integrity of the Nigerian Constitution which is the most sacred document that holds the Nigerian State in balance and in being.
“I am genuinely worried that, in the absence of the intervention of this Court, removal of duly elected Governors and Deputy-Governors, may become the pastime of the President thereby opening the floodgate of anarchy capable of consuming this nation.
“It will be in the interest of justice for this Honourable Court to grant the prayers contained on the face of this Originating Summons,” the plaintiff averred.
Text except headline courtesy of Vanguard
Politics
JUST IN: Supreme Court sacks Abure as LP National Chairman

The Supreme Court has set aside the judgment of the Court of Appeal in Abuja, which recognized Julius Abure as the National Chairman of the Labour Party (LP).
In a unanimous judgment on Friday, a five-member panel of the apex court held that the Court of Appeal lacked the jurisdiction to pronounce Abure as the National Chairman of the LP, having earlier determined that the substance of the case was about the party’s leadership.
The court ruled that issues of leadership are internal affairs of a political party over which courts lack jurisdiction and noted that Abure’s tenure had since expired.
The Supreme Court allowed the appeal filed by Senator Esther Nenadi Usman and one other, declaring it meritorious.
It also dismissed the cross-appeal filed by the Abure faction of the LP for being unmeritorious.
-
Business2 days ago
Lagos Traffic Jam: Explore Flexible Work Arrangements, Sanwo Olu Tells Lagosians
-
News7 days ago
HIV: Lagos Tasks Residents on Empathy During Eid Celebration
-
News1 week ago
INEC notifies Senator Natasha over recall, states next action
-
Business3 days ago
Tinubu dissolves NNPC board, replaces Kyari as GCEO with Ojulari, names Kida as new non-executive chairman
-
News2 days ago
Lagos Traffic Jam: An update (Video)
-
News4 days ago
BREAKING: Wide jubilation as Natasha lands in Kogi amid security concerns
-
News2 days ago
Rape charges: Nigerian pastor acquitted after eight years in South African jail
-
Business4 days ago
inDrive introduces essential, safe delivery tips for customers