Domestic airlines in Nigeria operate from two major terminals i.e Murtala Mohammed 1 or General Aviation Terminal otherwise known as GAT and Murtala Mohammed 2 also known as MM2.
Often times, passengers find it difficult to know which airline operates from which terminal. It is expedient to educate the public on the operations of these airlines, expecially their arrival and departure terminals.This will save passengers the embarrassment of going to the wrong terminal.
It is also important to let the public know that the emphasis is on local airlines operating in Lagos.
General Aviation Terminal (GAT) has two wings i.e A: Apha Hall and Z: Zulu Hall. Apha Hall is mainly dominated by Arik Air airline jointly used by Overland Airways and Airpeace while Zulu Hall is dominated by Airpeace.
Arik Airline and Airpeace operate from both terminals and it is important to let the public know which routes these airlines operate from both ends.
The table below shows the list of airlines, their arrival and departure terminals.
- Arik Air MM2 : PHC & ESCRAVOS only
All other routes at GAT or MM1 Apha hall
2. Airpeace MM2 ; Asaba, Warri, Akure and Kaduna
MM1 , Apha Hall; Kano,PHC, Uyo and Calabar.
All other routes at Zulu Hall of MM1
- Aero Contractors. All routes at MM2 both arrival and departure
- Dana Air. All routes at MM2 both arrival and departure.
- ASMAN Airline. All routes at MM2 both arrival and departure.
- MAX Airline. All routes at MM2 both arrival and departure.
- Med- view Airline. All routes at MM2 both arrival and departure.
- Overland Airways. All routes at MM1 i.e GAT , Apha Hall arrival and departure.
- Ibom Air. All routes at MM2 both arrival and departure.
- Imo Air. All routes at MM2 both arrival and departure.
I hope this short write up will serve as a guide for passengers traveling from the local wings of Lagos terminals.
I recently wrote a short article on the importance of online check-in. To my greatest surprise the number of passengers using the online check-in portal has greatly increased. This is to let you know the importance of information and how it can greatly affect our daily life and productivity. As the saying goes, information is power.
Awokunmi Ayodeji. P
Passenger Service Agent
Arik Airline Lagos