Sports
Joshua rakes in $50m for Ngannou KO, wants Fury next

Anthony Joshua was well rewarded for his second-round knockout win over Cameroonian boxer Francis Ngannou in the main event of the “Knockout Chaos” card in Saudi Arabia in the early hours of Saturday morning (Nigerian time).
Joshua won his fourth straight fight with the KO victory over Ngannou in Riyadh.
After securing consecutive victories in 2023 with wins over Jermaine Franklin in April and Robert Helenius with a seventh-round knockout in August, Joshua cruised to a fifth-round technical knockout win over Otto Wallin in December, who had been expected to be a formidable opponent, especially with his southpaw stance.
Joshua has now secured knockout wins over two fighters who took Tyson Fury the distance in Wallin and Ngannou.
The British-Nigerian was already on hand to get $40m (N63.7bn) for the fight but due to his win by a KO, Joshua received an extra $10m (N15.9bn) making a total of $50m (N79bn) while Ngannou pocketed $20m (N31.8bn).
Popular musician, Drake who is accustomed to placing large wagers on high-profile sports games and losing most of those bets was on the losing side again after Joshua defeated former UFC champion Ngannou as the Grammy winner lost a $615,000 (N950m).
If the wager had been successful, the Canadian-born rapper would have won just less than $2m (N3.1bn).
Sports
Unity Cup: Super Eagles clash with Ghana, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago

Nigeria, Ghana, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago will do battle in an invitational tournament tagged ‘Unity Cup’ in London in May.
The Reggae Boys of Jamaica and Soca Warriors of Trinidad and Tobago will face-off in the first semi-final on Tuesday, May 27.
West African rivals, Nigeria and Ghana will clash in the second semi-final on Wednesday, May 28.
The third-place match and final will be played on Saturday, May 31.
The overall winners will will lift The Unity Cup 2025.
Nigeria will also face Russia in a friendly in June.
The three-time African champions will use the matches to prepare for the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Rwanda and South Africa in September.
Sports
Transfer: Osimhen snubs Juventus for Premier League switch

Nigeria forward Victor Osimhen is not interested in a move to Serie A giants Juventus, DAILY POST reports.
Osimhen is reportedly one of Juventus’ target for the summer transfer window.
The 26-year-old is, however, targeting a move to a Premier League club, according to JuveFC.
The powerful striker joined Galatasaray on loan from Napoli last September.
Osimhen will be available for a €75m clause this summer.
He has been linked with Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal.
Osimhen has scored 20 goals in 23 league appearances for Galatasaray this season.
Sports
2026 WCQ: Super Eagles must beat South Africa to qualify — Chelle

Super Eagles head coach Éric Chelle says it is important for the team to beat the Bafana Bafana of South Africa if they must qualify for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
Bafana Bafana will host Nigeria in a matchday eight encounter in September.
Hugo Broos’ side lead Group C with 13 points after six matches, six points clear of Super Eagles.
There are four rounds of matches left in the 2026 World Cup qualifiers.
Chelle admitted that the Super Eagles are condemned to win all their remaining matches.
“It’s an obligation we win in South Africa, but the most important match for us right now is Rwanda in Uyo,” Eric Chelle told SCORENigeria
“South Africa are a good side, but for that game we cannot afford to allow them play.
“But first we have to beat Rwanda at home and then we will focus on the game in South Africa.”
-
Sports1 week ago
Late Zimbabwe equalizer dent Super Eagles World Cup hope
-
News1 week ago
INEC notifies Senator Natasha over recall, states next action
-
Politics1 week ago
Peter Obi is a failed politician, has no history of democratic activism – Bwala
-
News5 days ago
HIV: Lagos Tasks Residents on Empathy During Eid Celebration
-
Business1 week ago
Aviation unions threaten nationwide airport shutdown over Customs officers’ assault
-
Business1 week ago
inDrive Celebrates Drivers’ Dedication During Ramadan with Special Appreciation Campaign
-
News1 week ago
56-year-old woman remanded for N25m visa scam in Osun
-
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Wide jubilation as Natasha lands in Kogi amid security concerns