The Chief Press Secretary, Terver Akase, to Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Saturday said that he will be resigning from Government “to face the Gubernatorial race”.
Akase disclosed this via his known Facebook page.
According to him, the month of September is a special period to him, as in his entire life, he has accomplished exceptional things during the season.
Check out Akase’s full post below:
SEPTEMBER AND ME
- I got a job with Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria, FRCN in the month of September (2006)
- Got married in the month of September (2010)
- Was appointed as the Governor’s media aide in the month of September (2015)
- Formally started Guber consultations at the state level with PDP SWC in the month of September (2021)
- Will resign from Government to face the Guber race in the month of September (2021)
The 2023 Benue State Gubernatorial election will take place on early 2023. Incumbent Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Governor, Ortom is term-limited and cannot seek re-election to a third term. The primaries will be scheduled for late 2022 or early 2023.