Spread the news


President Muhammadu Buhari Replies Niger Delta Avengers, Says Threat To Attack Oil Installations In The South South Region Unnecessary

President Muhammadu Buhari has on Sunday reacted to threats by the Niger Delta Avengers to attack oil installations in the South-South Region.

In a statement to Newsmen through his Special Adviser on Media, Femi Adesina, Buhari described the threats as “unnecessary”.

Buhari noted that the issues raised by the Group had been responded to when he met with the Leadership of the Niger Delta and Ijaw National Congress, INC, at the Presidential Villa on Friday.

Recall that the Niger Delta Avengers had in a statement on Saturday announced the launch of ‘Operation Humble, a new mission to resume attacks in the oil-rich region.

It also threatened to attack Politicians who are working with the Federal Government “to undermine the Niger Delta region”.

The Group claimed that it has renewed hostility because the government has failed to meet its demand, and has also failed to dialogue with the group.

It added that all oil installation within the Niger Delta region have been marked for destruction in the coming days until the government answer its request.

According to the group, it has lost confidence in Pan Niger Delta Forum, PANDEF, which played a critical role to make the group accept a ceasefire in 2017.

“There is no gainsaying that the failed country called Nigeria which has fed fat on our God-given wealth is at the brink of total disintegration, owing to the security and related challenges across the country; ranging from terrorism and banditry in the North, to the secessionist gongs of the Oduduwa people of the South-west and IPOB of the South-East.” the Group said.

Was this helpful?